Carlin Partnership specialise in the ‘Joint Employment’ model.
This is intended for use in situations where:
- CP and an agency will jointly employ workers
- The agency will place them on assignments
- CP handles HR and payroll related functions
- Agency can invoice end client with no VAT which is perfect for GRI and other medical organisations
From some viewpoints, it’s a bit of a half-way house, between conventional umbrella on the one hand, and outsourced payroll on the other.
This model offers opportunity for the agency to reimburse CP for staff costs and employment overhead, without CP having to charge VAT on these items. There are some circumstances in which this may be attractive.
The joint employment model offers a Fixed Worker Pay Rate basis (‘FWPR’).
When an assignment is offered on a FWPR basis, the agency is able to tell the worker exactly what pay rate the worker will receive.
Workers receive a simple clean payslip with no emotional deductions.
Flexible Margin Deduction Options
FIXED FEE BY TABLE
Charge a fixed fee depending on the Timesheet Value. Example: £5 for value up to £300; £10 up to £800 and £15 for above £800.
FIXED FEE PER PERIOD
- Charge a flat fee per tax week/month.
TABLE BASED % ON TIMESHEET VALUE
- Apply a different % depending on the Timesheet Value. Example: 3% for up £500 and 2% up to £1000, 1.5% above £1000.
% ON TIMESHEET VALUE
- Apply a percentage on the total timesheet value.
FEE PER TIMESHEET
- Charge a flat fee per timesheet produced by the contractor.
FEE PER HOUR WORKED
- Charge a fee per hour worked by the contractor